Tuesday, March 13, 2012

MCI Orientation, Schwaz, & Swarovski


Orientation gave us a good introduction to the Management Center Innsbruck (MCI). We took a tour of MCI's campus and then had a lecture about Austrian culture. Our lecturer spoke about WWII and Austria's involvement... I was wondering when or if this topic would come up. I'm glad that it did...I appreciate her comments, as she said the Nazis were neither German, nor Austrian people; they were Nazis...separate from the culture and people of Austria.
Center of Town


Next we took a tour of the old city. It's bright and beautiful...
Rococo style


It increases fertility :)




Ceiling creates an illusion-round or flat?


Maria Theresien Strasse
The Golden Roof




































I had a great time meeting all of the exchange students. We went out several nights to explore Innsbruck's nightlife and to get to know one another. So many names, countries, and languages- I love it.
Grießnockerlsuppe
kaiserschmarrn with zwetschkenröste
















I met Johanna for a homemade Austrian meal. She is a friend of Katrina's (who studied at MCI 2 years ago from UCF). Johanna was so sweet and hospitable :)  She made Grießnockerlsuppe and kaiserschmarrn with zwetschkenröster for dessert.. Mmmm
Johanna and I at Cloud 7

Johanna and I met the exchange students at Cloud 7 for drinks on Nordkette.
MCI organized a trip to the Schwaz Silver Mine. 
We took a tiny train into the mountain. It reminded me of Thunder Mountain at Disney's Magic Kingdom...However, we were not strapped in, nor did we have much to hold on to. We cut through a very small, wet, dark tunnel. When it turned pitch black, I expected a big drop and for my stomach to rise into my chest (that's the Disney in me, haha).

Working hard in the Schwaz Silver Mine...
Next stop: Swarovski Crystal World... 
It was beautiful inside and out...

I couldn't help myself. We called this "Swarovsking"... :P

Great artwork, music, colors... Crystals and more crystals....

Representing Spain, U.S.A, Italy, Switzerland, & Brazil...
  
Stayed tuned- classes begin, igloo party, zoo visit, & my first ski experience....

No comments:

Post a Comment